Intern at The Brant Foundation
Interns play a meaningful role in upholding The Brant Foundation's mission to promote education and appreciation of contemporary art. The Brant Foundation's internship program provides hands-on opportunities for students, recent graduates and young professionals looking to gain experience working in the arts. The program is exceptional in that it is designed to help individuals gain valuable experience by building unique opportunities around their area of interest and skill set.
In order to provide a well-rounded experience, all interns are required to lead comprehensive tours of the foundation's current exhibition. This practice has proved to be invaluable for the foundation's interns, offering an opportunity for participants to strengthen their public speaking skills, further their understanding of contemporary art in a unique environment, and enhance their ability to create an exciting and engaging dialogue with visitors.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of The Brant Foundation's mission & exhibitions
- Lead interactive and engaging tours of the current exhibition
- Provide assistance during exhibition installation and deinstallation
- Overall gallery maintenance
- Administrative duties and data entry
- Assist with special events and educational programs (on and off site)
- Assist with K-12 visits and programming
- Fluent in word, excel, adobe, and social media platforms