Intern at The Brant Foundation
The Brant Foundation’s internship program provides hands-on experiences for students, recent graduates and young professionals from a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines. The program is designed to help individuals gain highly valuable experience for future studies and careers in the arts by devoting special attention to building unique opportunities around the individual's area of interest and skill set.
Interns play a meaningful role in upholding The Brant Foundation's mission to promote education and appreciation of contemporary art. In order to provide a well-rounded experience, all interns are required to lead comprehensive tours of the foundation's current exhibition. This practice has proved to be invaluable for the foundation's interns, offering an opportunity for participants to strengthen their public speaking skills, further their understanding of contemporary art in a unique environment, and enhancing their ability to create an exciting and engaging dialogue with visitors.
Requirements and Responsibilities Include:
- Leading group tours of the Foundation's current exhibition
- Preparing educational materials for youth and adult programs
- Assisting with K-12 field trips and hands on activities
- General office duties
- Social media responsibilities
- Working on special events including the Foundation's openings that occur twice a year
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of The Brant Foundation's mission and current exhibition, as well as history and past exhibitions
- Enthusiasm for contemporary art
- Motivated and independent thinker - open to assisting in a various day to day projects
- Availability to assist with Brant Foundation events, including exhibition openings and lectures
- Fluent in word, excel, adobe, and social media platforms
- Ability to communicate individual interests in order to create a mutually beneficial experience